Monday, June 1, 2015

Finals: An End of Year Reflection

Overall, I'd say that this year has been a pretty stressful year- American Studies is by far the class that I'm most sad to see go, though. It's definitely the highlight of my school day, a class where you're actually rewarded for talking! Junior year schoolwork hasn't been kind to me (Nor most, I would think) in terms of allowing me proper amounts of sleep and socialization. This seems to be a New Trier ritual year though, and we get the freedom of being seniors after it ends, which is nice to think about. After which, of course, I'm off to college (presumably, gap year may be included). I've written a fair bit on the educational system and structures on this blog here, and it's certainly an aspect of pride that I've survived New Trier's grueling junior year. I'd like to think that I developed as a person during this year, and especially during this class. I know for a fact that I learned how to make sick powerpoints, as well as picked up some new author names I hadn't heard of before. It was the first time I'd had a lot of the discussions that we did in a classroom setting, which provided an interesting new perspective on it. Regardless, it was certainly a fun time, and provided a much needed respite from the horrors of Math.

No comments:

Post a Comment